The TCC President liaises with the Tasmanian Education Department and Tasmanian employers of school chaplains. The TCC provides training for those volunteers conducting Religious Instruction programs in State Schools. The TCC Executive is responsible for promoting Schools Sunday in Tasmanian churches which is observed on the third Sunday in February each year. In 2019, Schools Sunday will be observed on 17 February.
Visit the SCHOOLS SUNDAY WEBSITE
These links are provided for information only. The Tasmanian Council of Churches is not responsible for external websites.
To read pdf files you will need Adobe Reader software, which can be downloaded here.
Education Department of Tasmania (DoE)
- National School Chaplaincy Programme: Guidelines for Tasmanian Government Schools, 4 December 2014 - Download link is below
- Religious Instruction in State Schools, Guidelines - Download link is below
- Religious Education in Tasmanian Government Schools, Information Sheet
Scripture Union Tasmania (DoE Recognised Chaplaincy Services Provider)
- SU Schools’ Programs
- SU School Chaplaincy
Hobart City Mission (DoE Recognised Chaplaincy Services Provider)
Devonport Chaplaincy Incorporated (DoE Recognised Chaplaincy Services Provider)
Commonwealth Education Department
- National School Chaplaincy Program
- National School Chaplaincy Program Guidelines (July 2012)
- Download the Project Agreement for the National School Chaplaincy Programme below.
Download National School Chaplaincy Programme - Guidelines for Tasmanian Government Schools.pdf (Size: 601.08 KB)
Download Religious Instruction in State Schools.pdf (Size: 243.39 KB)
Download Project_Agreement_nat_school_chaplaincy.pdf (Size: 1.54 MB)